Vice President & Director of User Experience
W. W. Norton & Co., New York 8/2015 – present
- Created a UX Design team from the ground up for a $200M publishing company to introduce a user-centered and collaborative design process for Norton digital products, resulting in higher product sales specifically attributed to usability and a significant reduction of support tickets.
- Implemented Design Ops processes for the UX team, including hiring and onboarding designers, conducting user research, creating designs and producing deliverables for product and technology partners to improve the consistency and quality of UX design.
- Collaborated with Director of Standards to create the first Norton Design System to facilitate the creation of beautifully designed, accessible products developed by outside vendors and to promote standards for accessible design across Norton.
- Introduced Lean UX Design workshops as a key step in discovery to facilitate close collaboration with business stakeholders and technology partners, resulting in better alignment of product vision and goals between stakeholders and the core agile SCRUM team, which significantly reduced rework for design and development.
- Managed a team of 7 UX Designers who handled end-to-end UX processes for design of digital products from conception through launch, including conducting UX research, creating wireframes and visual design, and producing deliverables, such as prototypes, UI specs, visual comps and pattern libraries.
- Led design direction and strategy for the successful creation and launch of a wide variety of products, including a new Norton website (ecommerce & marketing), Norton Ebook Reader (content platform), Smartwork (Ed Tech), Testmaker (Ed Tech), Norton Help Desk (internal enterprise) and Norton Portal (internal enterprise).
- Partnered with Directors in editorial, marketing, product management, engineering, quality assurance, and customer support to improve communication, collaboration and knowledge sharing within the product development process.
- Evangelized the benefits of user-centered design, collaborative design thinking and UX strategy throughout the organization, leading to greater focus on the customer experience in other departments.
Lead Customer Experience Designer
Wolters Kluwer, New York 10/2011 – 8/2015
- Managed end-to-end UX design processes from initial customer research, through user testing and design iteration, to development and QA.
- Led search design and mobile responsive design for Cheetah, a core publishing and legal research platform, which won a 2018 Codie Winner for Best Legal Solution.
- Designed legal and medical education native iOS applications; a medical compliance application; and several complex legal research platforms.
- Managed junior UX designer and lead solo UX designer
- Functioned on a team of UX designers, content strategists, and front-end developers.
- Produced detailed UI Specs and prototypes for stakeholders and development teams.
User Interface Designer, Assistant Vice President
JP Morgan Chase, New York 10/2010 – 10/2011
- Designed user-centered experiences for ACCESS, JPMorgan’s worldwide cash management portal with $40B+ in daily transactions, 50,000+ companies and 120,000+ end users.
- Collaborated with a large team of user interface designers, product managers, business analysts and technologists in a highly-matrixed organization to deliver high-quality user experiences.
- Reviewed business requirements and functional specifications to ensure a quality user experience.
Comodo Group, Jersey City 3/2010 – 10/2010
- Redesigned a product microsite, which increased conversions by 25% within 1 month of launch.
- Crafted personas, content inventories, taxonomies, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes for the development of internet security applications.
- Conducted A/B testing, analyzed results and formulated post-test strategies for e-commerce websites.
User Experience Specialist
W. W. Norton & Co., New York 11/2006 – 2/2010
- Designed and produced, from conception to implementation, the company’s first customer relationship management (CRM) system, which facilitated knowledge management across sales and marketing departments and tracked over 10,000 individual leads and $100M in potential sales in its first year.
- Planned and conducted usability testing and analyzed results to strategically determine design of numerous products, such as an online homework system, a student study platform, ebooks, and e-commerce platforms.
W. W. Norton & Co., New York 6/2000 – 10/2006
- Produced dozens of websites, interactive applications, DVDs and print media for students and instructors to support college textbooks in psychology, sociology and political science.
- Handpicked subject matter experts in content creation, negotiated contracts, and brokered deals with content sources including Discovery Channel.
- Led team of 3-4 designers and developers, in-house and off-shore, to consistently deliver projects on time.
College Textbook Sales Representative
W. W. Norton & Co., New York 8/1997 – 5/2000
- No. #1 sales rep with 23% territory growth in 1999, increasing sales to over $1M.
Saint Louis University, St. Louis, 1997
Honors B.A. in English, minor in Business Administration, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Axure Pro, Adobe XD, Zeplin, JIRA, Mural, Slack, Morae, Google Optimizer & Web Analytics
Interaction Design Association, User Experience Professionals Association, Lesbians Who Tech